Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Kitchen Reno Week 8

This week has been absolutely crazy! First we had the water crisis which caused everyone in the Toledo, OH area to scramble to get access to water. Even my favorite, Good Morning America, was here.

And then....a scammer put my house up for rent! Can you believe it?!?! I had about 8 people come to my door asking about it. This scammer took pictures from the original sale listing and had it posted to Zillow and other such sites. I can't believe it.

And finally, I found a (what I think to be) stolen bike on the side of my house. It was hidden from view from the street and it was dropped on the side of the house that has no first floor windows. Needless to say, I was ready for the weekend.

The kitchen reno front has been pretty quiet, which I expected. I am in a little bit of a holding pattern until the countertop is installed, which is one week from today! I am so excited to see it finally in place.

I took matters into my own hands to keep the reno moving along and cleaned out the cabinets and started to unpack a few boxes. The cleaning part wasn't too bad. I used my vacuum to clear out any debris from the installation. Then I wiped them down with soapy water, clean water and then wiped them dry.

Since the top drawers are open to the room without countertops, I decided not to put anything in those.

But some of my glasses have found their home. These were the first thing unpacked. Everything will still need to be washed, but getting rid of the boxes is such a nice feeling.

My beloved plastic containers! I was so excited to see these and put them away. I can't even begin to describe how anxious I am to cook. And I can't wait to fill these guys up.

This week will be another slow week, but one more week down means I am one week closer to a finished, usable kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment