Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Kitchen Reno Week 7


It was the week of the floor! I have been looking forward to this so much. Putting the new floor in was going to transform the whole look of the middle of my house and it lived it up to my eager expectation.

The floor has to be glued down. But before the tile goes down the glue has to dry to a tacky stage. Because we had a little bit of rain and humidity, the glue wasn't drying like it should in the last area. It made for quite an interesting night because I had to use a board to get from my stairs to the living room so I could get downstairs.

And boy....does this glue smell!

In addition to the floor going down, it was also grouted this week! It looks so fantastic! I couldn't be happier with the final result.

Walking in the front door is a whole new experience. The floor brightens up the entire area. Although the picture above doesn't give it justice, the entry way feels cleaner.

The next week or so will be holding pattern until the countertop comes in. I will hopefully be getting that call very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment