Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Believe


At first, I didn't know what I wanted to write about for the Blog Hop. And then it jumped into my head. One of the questions for the chapter 1 Reflection Questions asked if one of the promises that had been mentioned in the previous question spoke to our greatest need right now. I answered with "See, I am doing a new thing!" from Isaiah 43:19.

When I woke up the next morning, this phrase ran through my head over and over and over.

I believe God's Word is true, no questions asked. But since my Christian walk is not where it should be, I choose to believe God will not work in my life that way because my faith is not where it should be. But I belive God is able to work however and in whatever manner He chooses.

"See, I am doing a new thing!"

In the last several months, I have been thinking about where God wants me. If I move back home to Ohio, which is where I really feel like I am being led, I would have to find a job in an area that has struggled to recover after being hit hard by the economy. But this week, I found out that I am going to be working from home full time. This may allow me to move back to Ohio without finding a new job. I believe if Ohio is where God wants me He will provide a way no matter the obstacles.

"See, I am doing a new thing!"

God isn't asking for my help to change the circumstances in my life. I often try to take control of the reins, then fail, then doubt. Those negatives thoughts start to invade my thoughts.
"I can't do this."
"I am not good enough."
"why should I expect anything different?"

But if I would listen and trust God, He is saying, "See, I am doing a new thing!" He may also add, "Colleen, please get out of my way and let me do this." :)

I am getting in the way of seeing God work in my life because I doubt. I look back and see what I want to see. I am not looking at the situations where God has evidently worked in my life to get me where I am today. Evidence that I can be confident in...that I should be able to live in and trust God, not just trust in God. Believe God and not just believe in God. There is a difference and I am starting to understand what it means in my life.

8 comments:

  1. "Be still and KNOW that I am God" Love it. Thank you for sharing. Such a reminder that God has a plan and purpose for us all. We just need to get out of his way and trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting out of the way is hard to do. We just don't want to relinquish that control even though God has great things in store for us.

      Delete
  2. I have been where you are. And just because God opens the doors and shows us the way doesn't always mean it's easy for us. Sometime we do just have to step out of the way and let him lead. The peace and joy that you will find in that will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God wants to give us the desires of our hearts, but we think that we can achieve that ourselves. So often disappointment is waiting for us when we think we can do everything, but I keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Isn't that the definition of insanity? :)

      Delete
  3. Amen sister - than you so much for sharing. I had a hard time deciding what to write about too this week and got it finished this morning about 1:00. Guess what it was titled - I BELIEVE? Enjoyed reading your blog. Glad you are in OBS with us. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how all the sudden God puts on our hearts what He wants us to share and then the words just flow!

      Delete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this:

    God isn't asking for my help to change the circumstances in my life. I often try to take control of the reins, then fail, then doubt. But if I would listen and trust God, He is saying, "See, I am doing a new thing!" He may also add, "Colleen, please get out of my way and let me do this." :)

    Thank you, Colleen, for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Sometimes I wonder at my own nonsensical thinking. Why do I continue to let my limited knowledge direct my life? I need to let God be God and leave it at that.

      Delete