Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

AppleFest Galore

It was an AppleFest frenzy this past weekend! With my mom in town, we visited two different AppleFests. Even with all the fun, the only thing missing was the cooler temperatures. It is strange to be looking at Halloween and Christmas items in 80 degree weather. And on top of that, it was muggy. Not my favorite combination.

On Friday, we traveled to Franklin, PA, for their annual fest. It was incredible. I have heard about this event from several people including my aunt who goes every year. I like to look around at all the vendors and also get ideas of things I could possibly make. This event definitely did not disappoint. Even on a Friday, people were everywhere.



I have never been to Franklin, but it is a really cute little town. It definitely as that small-town America feel to it. Old buildings with store fronts and big historical houses make up their downtown. The Applefest held in a park in the middle of the town.



Some of these events can be hit or miss with the types of vendors that participate. But the vendors that participated were great! No expecting to find some of these treasures, I took some cards so I could do a little online shopping later. I did make a few purchases. A really cute wood turkey and a painted wooden snowman. 

Saturday, was the annual AppleFest in my parents' hometown of Mars, PA. We usually go not just to see the vendors, but to see family. The morning starts with a pancake breakfast and then a trip around the little downtown area for browsing. I saw more vendors selling apple related food - apple butter, apple dumplings, apple pie.




I haven't been to this event in a few years, but it has definitely grown. Not nearly as big as the one in Franklin, it was still a fun weekend.

My mom and I have even started talking about going next year. All in all, it was a fun weekend filled with autumn-related activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment