Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In With The New

The new year is officially on upon us. I love the feeling of the new year. There is something about the freshness of it. The anticipation of what the new year has in store.

2014 has a lot of new things in store for me. January 1 started my new role in my company. I am house hunting, so I will hopefully have a new home in 2014. So big changes are in store. It is an exciting time.

I am not one for resolutions. My relationship with the Lord should be my primary focus when most of the time it isn't. I always want to lose weight no matter what time of the year it is. I always want to get control of my finances, too. Just like most people, I never follow through. However, this year I am praying that those things change.

I am going to work on reading through the Bible in one year. To be honest, it is sad that I have never done that before. When I was little, my church had a poster with the names of people who committed to reading through their Bible. I can still see the dot stickers marking off the months of people staying committed. Some made it through the year and some didn't. But that would definitely help with accountability.

As the year begins, I pray that you begin not with trying to control what the year may hold, but allowing God to control and following his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment