Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with the Old

It is the last day of 2013. All the Christmas decorations have been put away and life will slowly return back to its normal routine.

Personally, I like the new year. Some don't like January, but I really do. I like the feeling of renewal. Houses get back in order after being decorated for the holidays. The cookies and candy make they way out. And as with my usually uncommitted resolution, there is a desire to get in better health so in come the healthy food and gym memberships. 

But before looking ahead to the new year, the last day of the old year is a good time for reflection. Each year holds the good and the bad and 2013 was no different.

My biggest life changing event was becoming an aunt. I found out last January that our family would be growing by 2 feet. I can't even begin to describe how much I love my niece, Brynley. I am excited to watch her grow. I pray that as she grows older, she will learn to love Jesus and understand how precious she is in His sight.

It was a year of an unexpected and significant job change. My company's acquisition was such a blessing for me, but the majority of my coworkers will be looking for new jobs during the first several months of 2014. It is definitely bittersweet.

With my job change came the decision to move back to Ohio. I have been blessed with the ability to work solely from home so it doesn't matter where I am located. While my heart had been set on moving at the end of my lease in August, the landlords have graciously let me out early. I am currently house hunting, which is something I never thought I would ever do.

I am looking forward to 2014, but am thankful for all the Lord has blessed me with in 2013.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment