Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Bittersweet

Life has been unbelievably stressful the last few weeks.

Last week, my uncle passed away. He was 86 years old and my dad's oldest brother. My aunt, my dad's sister, is the only one left of 9 children. Although my uncle lived a long life, it was still hard. I know what it is like to lose a father. It isn't easy no matter what age.

In the middle of all of this, I moved out of my apartment.

Thankfully, I was able to hire movers. It was the best decision. And they were fantastic! If you are in the Toledo area, I highly recommend Maumee Valley Movers. They drove out to Pittsburgh to pick up my stuff. It was a long day, but I am so glad the whole process is over.

Poor Luna was so confused during the whole thing. She whined and was extremely clingy. When she was a puppy, she would want me to hold her while I was getting ready for work. It was much easier when she was half the weight she is now. But it is still sweet that she wants her human mom to comfort her.

I thought it would be harder to leave my apartment. It was my home for the last 2 and half years and I enjoyed my time there. But I was happy to get away from the smoke smell. It was quite terrible, especially after being away.

I finally closed on my house last Friday! So amidst a funeral, moving, emotions and traveling, I have a house to call my own. And the fun starts now! There really isn't a thing in and out of that house that doesn't need to be touched in some way. It will be a long process, but I can't wait to get it moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment