Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What Did I Walk Into?

So, I have been writing about my house for a few weeks now, but I realized I haven't really described what my house looked like when I first saw it and when I bought it.

Underneath all the yuck, I could see a house that had so much potential. The size and layout was great! But it was going to take some money and a lot of effort to make the place be a place I loved.

When I was searching for a house, I had a few things that I really wanted.

  • A dining room
  • A kitchen with potential
  • At least 3 bedrooms
  • Preferably more than one bathroom
  • Fenced-in yard
I was able to get all of those things, plus a little more with my house.
  • 4 bedrooms
  • 2 bathrooms
  • 2 living areas
  • A basement
So what did I walk into? A house with great bones that needed some TLC.

This house has an entryway, which I was super excited about. For some reason, I do not like when you walk right into the living room. The entryway isn't big, but it is a decent size and will be a nice place to welcome guests.

The living room is right off the entryway. It is a pretty big room. Unfortunately, I won't have any furniture in this room for a little while.

The dining room is a room I was pretty insistent on having. Although I have never had a dinner party, I think having a place to have a formal meal is nice. It is also a good place to decorate.

The kitchen needs a lot of help. The stove is a relic. Someday it will get a major overhaul. I just don't know when that day will come.

The family room is the first place to get a facelift. I have already written about taking off the layers of wallpaper. This will be the room I live in the most so it will be nice to have a place that doesn't need any more work.

I can't expect that my house would become a picture perfect home overnight. It is going to take years. But it will get there. I am planning on being in this house for a long time and I can't wait to move all my stuff in and call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment