Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An Evening Walk

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Temps in the upper 70s. The sun was shining. With such a harsh winter, it seems like warm weather will never get here. To celebrate, Luna and I went for a walk at Wildwood Park.

Luna has not mastered walking on the leash. And I am not much help. She has a tendency to pull. Then she chokes because I am not walking fast enough. Since my house is within walking distance of my mom's house, I want to be able to walk with Luna to my mom's without making a fool of myself. Well see about that, though.

Once I put Luna's harness on, she knew she was going somewhere. She stayed pretty close to me for a few hours in the afternoon.

After my 4 'o clock meeting, Luna and I headed to the park. I have been going to this park since I was a little girl. My dad has taken tons of pictures there. Someday, I am going to have one enlarged and put on canvas. I just haven't chosen which one yet.

Anywho...Wildwood has a lot of beautiful scenery. Although right now it is quite brown. But there was some green poking through.

Most of the trails are in wooded areas. It feels like you are in a different world as soon as the trails begin. It is very quiet and serene.

One of the greatest things at Wildwood is the Manor House. It is a huge house that a family built in the 1920s or 30s. I can't imagine living in a house like this. After the family moved out of the house, it was abandoned and squatters lived in it. Pretty nice place to live in for free!

There are many trails to choose from, but the one I chose goes by a creek. It is the trail that is most familiar to me.

Luna was exhausted at the end of the walk, which means she fell asleep early. That always makes the night a little smoother.

It was nice to be outside for a little bit and enjoy the fresh air. Hopefully this will be the first of many trips to the park this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment