Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Soul-Filling Satisfaction


What would truly satisfy my soul? It is easy to come up with things that would satisfy a lot of different aspects on my life.

  • Unlimited sources of money to satisfy financial stability
  • A toned, fit body to satisfy my health needs
  • A beautiful house to satisfy a need for a home
  • A husband to satisfy my longing for family (this is getting a little personal)
But my soul???? 

Naturally, the first thing that comes to mind is God. He is the only One to provide true soul satisfaction. What does our/my soul need to be filled with - joy, peace, contentment? Knowing where we are lacking gives us the opportunity to specifically pray and opens us to allow God, in His completely amazing way, to fill these voids. He will fill voids we don't even realize we have.

My list of worldly satisfaction, which can all be completely harmless, doesn't truly satisfy my soul. They provide happiness for a moment, but I will always be looking for what's next. God has allowed some people to be professionally successful. He has given us each individual bodies that respond differently. He provides all kinds of living arrangements. And in His plan, some are single and some are married.

But it goes deeper. 
  • Unlimited sources of money to satisfy my pocketbook - is this to buy material possessions to fill my soul with stuff?
  • A toned, fit body to satisfy my vanity - is this so people's view of me is higher to satisfy my soul with pride?
  • A beautiful house to satisfy my comfortability - does this show my "worth" to the world so my soul is satisfied by material possessions?
  • A husband to satisfy my insecurity because I am not married - am I looking for an earthly relationship to satisfy me in a way that only God can?

So what one good thing would I ask from God to help me feel a deep and soul-filling satisfaction? More…more of God. Psalm 107:9 is a great verse because it isn't specific with the longing or the hunger. God satisfies and fills. That's it and I don't need anything more.

6 comments:

  1. I love the image with the verse at the bottom - it's really great! You're so right in this entire post - God really is enough. That's it and we, as His followers, truly don't need anything more. - stopping by from the P31 blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Christa. I need to keep reminding myself that I don't need anything else for true soul satisfaction.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I heard Pastor Steven Furtick say, "Overpower the lies of the enemy with the promises of God." God is all we need to fill us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I love that! It is so important that we let God's Word fill our lives so we can do that. I need to do that more.

      Delete
  3. Very thought provoking stuff! Love this part>>Knowing where we are lacking gives us the opportunity to specifically pray and opens us to allow God, in His completely amazing way, to fill these voids. He will fill voids we don't even realize we have. Great blog Colleen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is easy to write some of this stuff, but it is hard to put it into practice, for sure. I am so thankful for a God that wants to do this for His children.

      Delete