Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

What's in a Name?


The name of this blog has changed. Originally, it was Hidden in God's Heart. At that particular moment, that name felt right. As I have continued post blogs, it didn't seem to fit, but that doesn't mean it is any less true.

Not every post was going to be faith-based, so the title seemed a little misleading to me. It was time for a change, which then presented the next challenge. Now what should the name be?

Since I had already struggled with feeling like the name did not represent the blog, I didn't want to fall into the same rut and want to change it in a few weeks yet again. I started a list of names and then would check it against blogger to see what was taken and what was available. The first day I did this, nothing seemed to stick. There was one I liked, but wasn't completely sold on it. To be honest, I don't even remember what that name was and it was only a few days ago. It definitely wasn't the right choice then.

I looked at other blogs to see how they were named and what they wrote about. How closely associated was the name and the content. Some were very closely aligned and some didn't even appear to have a relationship. I had looked at some blogs that included geographic locations. Mostly these came from the South. I am from the Midwest, also known as the Heartland. As I had been thinking of names, inspiration and various forms inspire was sticking in my brain.

Then it came to me and Heartland Inspired was born.

I live in Pennsylvania now, which is just outside of the Midwest's reach. My mom still lives in Ohio. My brother lives in Wisconsin. The majority of my life has been spent in the Midwest. I really like Pennsylvania. I love the rolling hills, which was such a change from the flat terrain I came from. And of course, I love the sports teams! Go Steelers! But the Midwest will always feel like home. It is who I am and its influence in my life is part of what inspires me.

I hope you will stick around and enjoy Heartland Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment