Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Here I Go Again

I have tried this blogging thing more than once. I tried to write about baking, but only had one post because I realized that I don’t bake enough. I started a blog after my dad died to help me cope with grief and get my thoughts out, but I didn’t followed through on that either. I was a part of a blog with a group of girls from work, but after about a year it fell off our plates.

I have wanted to blog for a while, but I felt like I needed a specific topic – baking, grief – that I had a hard time getting started and keeping it going. So I thought I would blog about the one thing I do know about…my life.
Although I do not lead a fabulous, jet-setting life, I do have thoughts to share and get off my chest. I am a single woman attempting to live a Proverbs 31 lifestyle in a broken world. Not an easy thing to do.
So I thought I would write about it. Write about my life and what I am doing even if it is about baking or how I am still dealing with grief.
The Proverbs 31 woman talks about providing for and taking care of her family. I don’t have a husband or children (if you don’t count my dog, Luna), so how does this manifest itself in the life of an unmarried woman? I still have to work to provide for myself and take care of apartment. I may not be married now, but I may be some day.
One thing about the single life that I do enjoy is the freedom that I have. I don’t have to cook for anyone. I can sleep in on Saturdays. If I don’t feel like doing my dishes at night, then I don’t have to. But is that the right response, the godly response?
But even taking a step back from the Proverbs 31 woman, are the fruits of the Spirit evident in my life. Am I taking care of the things God has blessed me with to the absolute best of my ability. Am I taking care of myself so I am healthy and able-bodied?  I can honestly answer no.
I want to fix that, so why not blog about it. I will take this step again to try and track my progress through blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment