Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Front Yard Face Lift

Yesterday, the front of my house got a little bit nicer looking. It isn't the best looking, but it made a big step closer.

Family friends were willing to take some giant hostas that were growing in my pitiful looking landscape. While they were digging those out, they also cut down some trees that I wanted gone! It is amazing how much better everything looks.

One of the trees that came down was the tree that was overtaking my lamp post. Every house on my cul-de-sac has a lamp post, but mine was invisible, hidden amongst a tree.

Down it went. Two other trees came down. One was right in front the living room window and the other was next to the front door. I couldn't find a good picture of the other trees.

A naked lamp post! It needs a little bit of love, but it is visible. Maybe next year, I will add some flowers around it.

Please ignore all the weeds that are growing obnoxiously. They will be gone soon too. The hydrangea bushes are staying, but I would like to start everything to be fresh and new.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is one step at a time. I may want it all done right now, but that isn't going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment