Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Yard Lovin'

I have a confession to make. For a few weeks, I was one of THOSE neighbors. You know the ones. Overgrown yards. Leaves and sticks everywhere. That was me.

There was a kid from my church who mowed the front yard a couple times, but I didn't have him do the backyard because it needed a little attention before it could be mowed. I also wanted to get my own lawnmower, so I could be the one solely responsible for my yard.

So, Friday night my mom and I were on the hunt for a lawnmower. I couldn't have been shopping for something I know any less about. I wanted the mower to cut the grass not do any special tricks. Thankfully, I found one that would work. It is a Toro and red. That is the extent of my knowledge about it.

Saturday morning my mom and I started working on the yard. The amount of sticks and branches was unreal. Because the grass was so high, some of these huge branches could be easily missed. I now have a pile of sticks on my patio.


I mowed next. My lawnmower's maiden voyage. She was mess afterward, but the yard was already looking so much better. I could actually see Luna when she was walking around.

Next came the random leaf piles. It was seemed that the previous owners piled leaves in the fall to move to the front  yard, but they never were moved. So after a winter that was full of snow and cold, most of the piles were thankfully dry. However, there were a few spots that were wet.

Amazingly enough, it really didn't take that long. And dare I say that I might have enjoyed spending time doing work in the yard. I really had a sense of satisfaction after my yard was presentable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment