Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Learning to Breathe, Pt. 2

It is hard to believe it is February already, but it also feels like the holidays happened lightyears ago. Sometimes it seems like life moves so quickly that it is hard to take time to breathe.

As I write this, it is snowing and not expected to stop until tomorrow. It would be super easy to say that I am going to enjoy this time and snuggle under a blanket and watch movies, but I have stuff to get done at home. I could easily justify my snuggly movie watching as taking time to breathe. But my house is a wreck and it is hard to "breathe" when I have laundry piled up, dishes to wash and snow to shovel.

Balancing my home responsibilities and my need to breathe is going to be difficult. Unfortunately, that is a struggle that will never go away. So that now becomes my bite-size focus for this month.

I can focus on where I am at the moment by taking care of what God has entrusted to me. I have been truly blessed by the home I have, but how I can take time to breathe when I am not doing my best at taking care of it.

Today, I will learn the balance of what I want to do with what I need to do. Because I can tell you now, cleaning is not what I want to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment